Pre Care Instructions:
4 Weeks Before:
No chemical peels, dermabrasions, mesotherapy, or any other intense treatments (doing so may cause irritation and poor pigment retention)
2 Weeks Before:
- No Retin-A or Retinols in the treatment area
- No Botox or fillers in the treatment area
- Do not tan or have sunburned skin
1 Week Before:
- No AHA (chemical exfoliation) skin care products in the treatment area
- No laser or electrolysis on or around the treatment area
3 Days Before:
- Do not tint, thread, wax or tweeze brows
48 Hours Before:
- Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, fish oils, vitamin E, niacin, prescription blood thinners* or drink excessive alcohol
Day of Appointment:
- Please do not workout
- Please limit caffeine intake
- Feel free to bring reference photos if you wish to do so
- You may fill in your eyebrows as you normally would
- Feel free to wear makeup to your appointment
* Please talk to your doctor before stopping or making any changes to your medication
FAILURE TO FOLLOW AFTER-CARE INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN INFECTIONS, PIGMENT LOSS OR DISCOLORATION.
- Keep the area dry for 24 hours.
- Ice packs protected with a cloth may be applied as necessary to reduce swelling. Sleeping slightly elevated helps alleviate swelling sometimes seen the morning after procedure.
- Wash your hands before touching any treated area. Damp cotton pad/paper towel may be used to gently cleanse the brow area once a day. *Do not expose the area to dirty or unsanitary conditions. Apply recommended healing products sparingly. Ensure your pillowcase is clean.
- After the treatment rinse eyebrows first night only with neutral antibacterial soap (provided) to remove lymph fluid.
- After 24 hours, gently wash your brows once a day with neutral antibacterial soap (provided) in the direction of hair growth.
- Apply ointment (provided) up to 3 times a day with clean hands or a q-tip. Do not stand facing the shower head during the healing process.
- Do not rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let it heal naturally, otherwise, there might be scaring or pigment loss.
- No facials, chemical peels for 1 month.
- Avoid sauna, pools, steam rooms for at least 3 weeks.
In the first 14 days:
- Avoid sweating, sweat may expel pigment from the dermis
- Avoid sleeping on your stomach so your face won’t touch the pillow
- Keep your bangs and hair pulled back
- Don’t use makeup or skincare products
- Don’t do any type of hair removal
- Do not expose your healing skin to direct sun, tanning beds, salt water, direct shower spray, hot water, skin creams, ointments, or lotions other than what you have been instructed to use.
Long-term Care Instructions:
- Use a good sunscreen daily. Sun exposure will fade your semi-permanent cosmetics and may cause irritation even years later.
- If you are planning chemical exfoliation, or other medical procedure. Please inform your physician of your cosmetic tattoo.